The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: My year with the Tribe
4 messages
Select a forum:
Agreed, much of interest to consider.

The 'House-Societies' of North America, Polynesia ect also provide good insights into how prehistoric societies in later European prehistory might have existed.

Just don't take direct cultural parallels too far; for example, our Explorer constantly finds 'cultural behaviors' that exist in response to previous 'explorers', or that are done only for 'guests' like him.

Additionally; alignments and archaeoastronomy suggest some additional areas of concern for builders/users of late prehistoric UK monuments.

The population sizes and subsistence-base are also vastly different; I would say that rather than Durrington, earlier Mesolithic sites like Blick Meads and the Stonehenge Car-Park Post-Holes are maybe more relevant to think about in terms of the recent Tribe TV show.

Reply | with quote
Posted by CR
1st May 2018ce
11:36

In reply to:

My year with the Tribe (tomatoman)

1 reply:

Re: My year with the Tribe (tomatoman)

Messages in this topic: