The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Best site visited 2017
37 messages
Select a forum:
drewbhoy wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
I seem to have spent most of the summer/Autumn working on sites, so for me it has to be the henged Stripple Stones on Bodmin Moor that undertook a part rebuild that we were invited to, to help out in a small way. The small way was to rediscover three buried ring stones and to have the immense pleasure of seeing one of them re-erected amongst the seven that were in total. It looks fabulous now as aside from the stones being re-erected, the stone wall that had been built through part of the circle was taken down and re-built outside of it to match the curve of the circle.

Sounds good Roy, look forward to seeing photos of this in TMA. Great to hear that one of the stones was re-erected. Well done you and the team.

Thanks Drew. I'm beginning to understand now why some archaeologists seem to take forever to write-up some of their work. I'm just a humble amateur with comparatively small work time wise compared to the professional, but we get so much offered that a lot goes on the back-burner until I do a batch together. I've never stored it under the bed yet though :-).
I'll get something up just for you!

Happy New Year by the way...I suppose you've just surfaced LOL

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
7th January 2018ce
09:10

In reply to:

Re: Best site visited 2017 (drewbhoy)

1 reply:

Re: Best site visited 2017 (Sanctuary)

Messages in this topic: