The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Wirral Megalithic Sites
28 messages
Select a forum:
thesweetcheat wrote:
It's an interesting area for a discussion. One thing the early OS maps are particularly good for is place names, many of which hadn't been recorded anywhere until the OS surveyors went out and asked the locals what they called lanes, fields, woods. Quite a lot of "barrow" etc names were recorded where there was no barrow to be seen, so presumably a persistent oral tradition that may indicate a barrow had been there once.

Sadly I've also remembered why I stopped posting on the forum though, so I'll leave it there.

You are right thesweetcheat a very interesting topic for discussion although the specifics of this particular discussion i.e. Wirral, are over my head.
I was glad to see you back on the forum, albeit briefly as it turned out. You shouldn't let sarcasm from someone who has contributed just that (no fieldnotes, photos or even news items) affect you. You are the one who posts photos, fieldnotes, and who encourages other people, myself included. Just laugh it off x

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
20th November 2017ce
22:47

In reply to:

Re: Wirral Megalithic Sites (thesweetcheat)

Messages in this topic: