The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Wirral Megalithic Sites
28 messages
Select a forum:
david gregg wrote:
Hello. I used compass and direct measurements on the 25 inch to the mile OS maps of 1872 for Overchurch and Arrowe Park and the 6 inch to the mile OS maps at Bidston. We have true circles not ellipses or 'eggs'. If you don't accept this get the maps and check yourself. As for scale the inner circle at Arrowe Park has a diameter of ~2300 ft...and yes I am quite aware this exceeds Avebury having studied that site closely. On alignments they all seem to be there : summer solstice sunrise, winter solstice sunrise, equinoxes, etc. Major and minor standstill moonrise points of the 18.6 year nodal cycle, equinox moonrises and settings...and reciprocals to sun and moon set. If all this is too much to swallow look at the evidence: see my book 'The Overchurch Mystery'.

Professor D P Gregg (retired)

Love it!

Reply | with quote
Evergreen Dazed
Posted by Evergreen Dazed
19th November 2017ce
19:09

In reply to:

Re: Wirral Megalithic Sites (david gregg)

Messages in this topic: