The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Stonehenge & Environs
37 messages
Select a forum:
Hi Monganaut, your response brought a huge smile to my face, why?, well the reference to Neolithic language possibly being connected to the Welsh language. As a schoolboy growing up in Amlwch, Anglesey, we had to learn Welsh and the thought that I might have been able to ask one of the builders at Stonehenge 'Where is the train station' quite made my day. On a more serious note, I think the whole question of language during the building of the great monuments and the beginning of trade with Europe is fascinating and definitely my winter project. As for the river at Amesbury still meandering along the same course it did over 4500 years ago I will have to leave to the experts, at least it removes one other variable from the equation (and Lord knows there are enough)

Reply | with quote
Posted by costaexpress
17th November 2017ce
11:11

In reply to:

Re: Stonehenge & Environs (Monganaut)

1 reply:

Re: Stonehenge & Environs (Monganaut)

Messages in this topic: