The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Trethevy Quoit Forum Start a topic | Search
Trethevy Quoit
Re: Trevethy Quoit at risk
16 messages
Select a forum:
spencer wrote:
Hmm..sort of. Went to Galloway three weeks back, shit weather, did a few sites but nowhere near as many as usual, yet to find roundtuit and upload here. I've a rambler guy here who's been waiting months for me to come and see his finds and properly log..have seen pix and there's some very interesting stuff. Work's been taking precedent, I need to pay bills and get my customers sorted..they've been very understanding through my trials and tribulations, and anyway I prefer to fieldwalk out of my busy season, he's getting on a bit and would've preferred summer, doubtless a bit twitchy, must ring. GPS stuff for City Council's taken a back seat too, and I s t i l l haven't got my finds from last year signed off...

Brilliant, glad to hear you are getting back into the swing of things bit by bit Mike. Your health issues are becoming a thing of the past by the sounds of it and you are moving on from the personal stuff.

Been busy down here. Finished working on the twin stone circles on Emblance Downs and got permission to excavate what we believe may be an unrecorded circle we discovered just beneath King Arthur's Hall. Have finished that now as well and in the process of compiling the final field report. Wasn't sure at first so just sent a basic draft report to the landowner, HE and NE. Historic England thought it should be presented to them with full details (all the co-ordinates etc) as I purposely left those details out to see what the reaction was first. They think it has mileage and should be officially recorded because of its location in the landscape and photographic connection to other certain sites in the area. I'll post the report up in the days ahead through the Heritage Trust and it will find its way here.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
29th October 2017ce
10:43

In reply to:

Re: Trevethy Quoit at risk (spencer)

1 reply:

Re: Trevethy Quoit at risk (thelonious)

Messages in this topic: