The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Detectorists - contentious issues
60 messages
Select a forum:
Howburn Digger wrote:

Has anyone else got issues which are contentious about TV programmes? Doesn't matter how big or small your Contention Bone is... tell us about it here.

What is the point of your post exactly. That you watch a lot of telly or that you particularly like using the word contentious, which you used at least six times in your post. Definition of 'contentious' - causing or likely to cause an argument; controversial. Which is what the subject of metal detectorists is on this forum. A forum which is after all about archaeology, antiquities and ancient sites - not television in general. Anyone who cares about the aforementioned will feel some uneasiness to see metal detectors used to promote 'treasure hunting' on any tv format, albeit the Detectorists is humorous and generally inoffensive.

PS: It was me who used the word 'contentious', once, in my previous post. I don't think Nigel used it at all.

(Slightly edited for late night typos)

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
17th May 2017ce
22:03

In reply to:

Re: Detectorists - contentious issues (Howburn Digger)

Messages in this topic: