The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Tintagel Forum Start a topic | Search
Tintagel
Re: Tintagel again
17 messages
Select a forum:
Funny Rh. posting this and the Heritage England online threads, we joined EH (all one big happy organisation then of course) at Tintagel on our one and only visit there in 2000. I liked the castle very much, but the village was already on the slippery slope: King Arthur's Carpark, Lancelot's Chipshop, Guinevere's Public Toilets, etc.

I am despairing of our EH membership more and more each year we have to pay the hefty renewal, especially since the split into two last year. I keep meaning to change to CADW instead as we really only use the membership to visit Welsh castles now anyway. But I'm still clinging on for that maybe-one-day trip to Stonehenge early in the morning.

But I'd much rather pay my money to the Historic England bit not the English Heritage bit now, if that was an option. But that's like demanding my taxes be spent on the NHS not Trident i.e. never going to happen.

Still, I'd be happy with a Tintagel snowglobe I imagine.

Reply | with quote
thesweetcheat
Posted by thesweetcheat
25th April 2016ce
20:19

In reply to:

Re: Tintagel again (nigelswift)

1 reply:

Re: Tintagel again (Rhiannon)

Messages in this topic: