The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
Re: A bypass through Avebury ??
20 messages
Select a forum:
My only problem with a formal zebra crossing is that you would then have to have those grotesque flashing yellow beacons too (i believe so anyway) and I think Avebury has far to much street furnitures as it is (and it would ruin my photography). Maybe reducing the speed limit to 15 or maybe 10mph between the banks and giving pedestrians priority like they do in some town centres is the way forward. This would help wheel chair access too I would imagine. I also like what they did at the Rollrights for wheeled access so something similar would good.

I wouldn't like to stop vehicles (cars and buses anyway) from going through the village as this would be unfair on the locals trying to go about there business.

To be honest, I have loads of ideas which will never come to fruition. Mostly though, I hope it doesn't get any worse than it already is now.

Reply | with quote
scubi63
Posted by scubi63
7th February 2016ce
21:05

In reply to:

Re: A bypass through Avebury ?? (Sanctuary)

Messages in this topic: