The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge
Re: Stonehenge is second hand
59 messages
Select a forum:
Monganaut wrote:
To give him his due though, he does seem to have a better 'hit rate' RE: uncovering interesting ancient bits and bobs, and at least he'll stick his neck out, be his theory right or wrong, for twats like me to mull over.
I'd rather all archaeologists were a little more open with their theories, rather than hoarding them under their bed till the pop off this mortal coil.

He has a high rate of misses .
For me it's the least interesting aspect of his/their work . Whilst we may take it all with a pinch of salt and they feel they must come up with the goods in order to get more funding or get the name of their Uni or funders like national geographic mentioned , it just gets tedious as the thories are full of holes .
The problem is that some don't keep their fanciful ideas to themselves and you finish up with conflicting fantasies that will ultimately be forgotten .
If they did it with a smile and admitted it's just a wild guess it wouldn't be so bad . There is no shortage of alt archaeology writers out there that fill that gap .

Reply | with quote
tiompan
Posted by tiompan
8th December 2015ce
08:24

In reply to:

Re: Stonehenge is second hand (Monganaut)

Messages in this topic: