The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: [Off topic]
253 messages
Select a forum:
Mustard wrote:
Astralcat wrote:
Mustard wrote:
Astralcat wrote:
It's both knowledge and tradition. Basic moral codes and guidelines, but it's up to the individual of course.

Bit like evangelical Christianity then?

Cheap shot and you know it. You're surfing you're own arrogance now.

Bye.

It seems like whenever anyone disagrees with you or asks you to explain yourself, then they're being arrogant. And eventually, you always seem to result to name-calling.

It wasn't a cheap shot. It was a serious comment. Born-again Christians would say exactly the same thing - knowledge, tradition, basic moral codes and guidelines. In exactly the same way as yourself, they are unable to produce any supporting evidence, and we are expected to accept "faith" as a substitute.

It's also interesting that you continue to call people arrogant, yet you're the one who is expecting others to accept your point of view with no supporting evidence. "I'm right, you're wrong". You have a very strange idea of arrogance.

A serious comment or a dig/wind up ? I'm not sure, and as I've stated elsewhere, I don't expect anyone to have to believe what I do, and I certainly don't care about having to prove anything to them. I don't, and as for name calling, please! Arrogant ? I think it's arrogant to constantly expect someone to justify their own world view to your own personal satisfaction, or not.

This topic is locked
Posted by Astralcat
11th November 2013ce
09:39

In reply to:

Re: [Off topic] (Mustard)

1 reply:

Re: [Off topic] (Mustard)

Messages in this topic: