The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: [Off topic]
253 messages
Select a forum:
Astralcat wrote:
it's rarely a fair and open minded discussion in these cases, it's more like appearing in front of committee with a fixed viewpoint and the onus is on you.... It's not open discussion...
Open discussion is rarely possible. It's loaded and one sided,

Good to see you back .
In what way is it not fair , loaded or "open minded " . ?
I know it may be dull for me to repeat this but the open mind /closed mind , thinking out of the box , platitudes don't add anything to a discussion anymore than calling someone a dullard ,they are simply synonyms for "I disagree " and add nothing to the debate .
Back to the discussion which I believe ws about the efficacy or otherwise of dowsing I had made a few commnets before you left earlier ,any thoughts ?
"Isn't it odd though that people can find all sorts of things without using any of the dowsing paraphernalia or claiming dowsing abilities and when asked to repeat the task manage to do so . Yet when asked to produce the goods dowsers either fail or back off as if it would be demeaning to do so .
As the the rods etc are clearly not a prerequisite for the various tasks i.e. no dowser has ever showed any ability to find anything that a non dowser couldn't , why attribute any practical use to them particularly when there is perfectly simple explanation for their movement ? "

This topic is locked
tiompan
Posted by tiompan
9th November 2013ce
14:00

In reply to:

Re: [Off topic] (Astralcat)

1 reply:

Re: [Off topic] (Littlestone)

Messages in this topic: