The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Conclusions...Stone circles, are we learning much?
253 messages
Select a forum:
Hi Sanctuary:

"Did your work at SH take you a long time to get to grips with and research? "

Not long to see if there was a fit after walking around it with the kids and thinking that it looked remarkably familiar (and then that the features described in the leaflet they hand you were the same as the system): The models of the various system configurations already existed, so it was just a case of producing a 3-D model of Stonehenge and introducing the one that was similar into to Stonehenge's configuration.

That model predicted that holes must exist in a vertical line on the edge of Stone 54, so about a month later I went back on a private access visit (the one where you go into the circle) to to see if any holes existed: They did exist in the location predicted, so I measured them as well as you can (given that you're not allowed to touch the stones) up and then constructed 3-D inverted models of the holes to double-check that they too had a fit.

That first stage was the easy bit if I'm honest.

This topic is locked
jonmor
Posted by jonmor
7th November 2013ce
09:24

Messages in this topic: