The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Hill-fort Survey
28 messages
Select a forum:
Point taken, it's a little vague in the project outline on the site but it does say they are using researchers and PhD students in Oxford and Edinburgh.
I don't read it as an opportunity to get people to do things for 'nothing', more an idea which can make use of the very many people who are interested in these sites and visit them on a regular basis. I mean, why not?
There are going to be precisely 0 people bothering to fill out that form if they haven't a clue or interest in what they are doing (your example about 'bumps').
I'd like to think of it as inclusive and an attempt to harness the considerable potential of armies of enthusiasts, who may do this stuff already anyway.
I do see the point you are making, but I know that if the project outline was £1million and it was reported that several jobs were to be created in order to carry out the survey, the response from this place would have been 'What about us?'

Reply | with quote
Evergreen Dazed
Posted by Evergreen Dazed
9th July 2013ce
20:02

In reply to:

Re: Hill-fort Survey (thesweetcheat)

1 reply:

Re: Hill-fort Survey (thesweetcheat)

Messages in this topic: