The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Pembrokeshire Forum Start a topic | Search
Pembrokeshire
Re: Favourite Places
20 messages
Select a forum:
Hi Eternal,

Yes I also love the landscape of Wiltshire, lived there for 12 years, walked the area and the rolling chalk downs gives you the spiritual feeling of openness and history - a meeting with the gods, Silbury funnily enough made me put down roots in Calne. Barrows are my favourite points of walking too, so my next move which was to Bath, and the downs of Somerset with its hillforts tumbling down the Cotswold Way and the world opened out for me with the Mendips on the door step as well. Fell in love with Stoney Littleton and Stanton Drew and strangely enough Ebbor Gorge which transported me back to prehistoric England by its strange wildness.

Now what, came back from North Yorkshire last week, and a whole new landscape to explore, bleak and brown over the moors but strongly evocative with its becks and isolated stones and Horcum Hole still takes the breath away. There is such peace over the moors contrasting vividly with the 'tamed' nature down south.

But then St. David's Head with its cromlechs and promontory fort and the quiet supposed circle at St.Non looking over the sea always hauls me back, Pentre Ifan another wonder of the world...

Reply | with quote
moss
Posted by moss
26th May 2013ce
08:24

In reply to:

Re: Favourite Places (The Eternal)

1 reply:

Re: Favourite Places (The Eternal)

Messages in this topic: