The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Trethevy Quoit Forum Start a topic | Search
Trethevy Quoit
Re: Trethevy Quoit...Cornwall's Megalithic Masterpiece
391 messages
Select a forum:
bladup wrote:
No it's a very good price Roy and i totally agree about a book getting to the point, i'd take a small book that makes it's point clearly and as easily as it can than a big book that waffles on and at the end it's point is lost in all the waffle, and i'm not big [in size or in general] book reader, your photo's on your website got my head going but i'll wait for your book before we'll chat but just from what i know and your photo's i'm starting to see what you mean, and at the end of the day when me and a friend first saw it in 2002 after walking from the Hurlers we both said at the same time "That's not bloody right", so i hope your little book answers questions i first asked 11 years ago because even though my gut has always said the same on all my visits since i've never worked out for myself - what is wrong at Trethevy Quoit?

It all falls into place once you realise that it's not as it should be Paul. Leaving aside the fallen stone which has its own story to tell, I was amazed that nobody has ever realised what the buttress stone really was and where it came from originally. It may be a 'typical' Cornish Dolmen but the word Variant associated with them really comes into play here.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
29th March 2013ce
16:57

Messages in this topic: