The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Tomnagorn Forum Start a topic | Search
Tomnagorn
Re: tomnagorn stone circle, Aberdeenshire
4 messages
Select a forum:
ORDHILL wrote:
This "very pleasant farmer" mentioned in a previous field note has a planning application lodged with Aberdeenshire Council to site a Windfarm right next to this site. Any objections to this have to be lodged by the 28th of February in writing or by e-mail to Aberdeenshire Council.

The initial plan is for a 67m turbine which will obscure the view from the stone circle to Bennachie. If this gains approval, then it is likely that up to another 6 turbines will follow.

Please will you help stop this development from going ahead?

Hi Ordhill, I live quite a long way south of the border so not sure if any comment I make will be helpful. My local patch is the North Wessex Downs AONB which covers most of the Wiltshire Downs plus part of Oxfordshire and Berkshire. Their policy on renewable energy is that wind turbines over 25 metres in height are unacceptable. This policy is supported by local groups such as the Ramblers.
The Ramblers Association now have 'Walking Environment Officers' (attached to local groups) who monitor planning developments which will adversely affect walking routes and countryside - perhaps they can help.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
18th February 2013ce
22:35

Messages in this topic: