The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
Re: Alexander Keiller's Avebury/Unrecorded Barrow?
761 messages
Select a forum:
bladup wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
VBB wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
VBB wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
While we're on barrows, does anyone know when the remedial work planned for the WKLB is going to start?

Yes, I do.

Thought you might :-)

Well I'll tell you what I know about it going ahead this year if you can tell me where I put your book?

If you ever write another can you give it an orange or yellow spine, lavender even, I can't find a thing on these shelves...

Well you would have loaned out/given away the book for sure and the latest is a very dark blue. You can reveal all now...as long as you don't wear red undepants as well :-)

Keiller then!!! For his work at Avebury - is he a Hero or a villain?, I'd go for massive [national] hero - he must have really loved the place as we all do, and they want to watch that solar lighting because the gypsies will have it in their vans before they know it, maybe solar power tea lights are the way to go !-)

A hero to me as well and a well meaning one. Spent his own dosh to maybe satisfy his own ego along with his enthusiasm but to also give us back what was rapidly being lost and what he loved. Three cheers for Keiller..hip, hip....and boo to all the downers of him for the 'mistakes' he made in unlightened times.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
29th January 2013ce
14:10

Messages in this topic: