The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
Re: Alexander Keiller's Avebury/The Sanctuary
761 messages
Select a forum:
nigelswift wrote:
Well being a friend of some of them allows me to take the mick, but there was also a serious point: people wanting to put a load of the stones up, to "rectify" Avebury isn't enough. They need to put up a really good case for the benefits, including that it will produce big dividends in line with the WHS research agenda.
You can see it in terms of older people not liking change if you wish but it would be fairer to say they are more cautious.

Anyone can see this website doesn't attract younger people at all, yet at the places i see and talk to many, Why is this? If they do read anything on here their clearly not relating to what's being said because nobody different comes in to back anyone up either way and i've read lots of you having the same arguments for years and years, as was shown quite clearly the other day in showing people saying the same things years ago, it's a broken record, and one day someones gonna put a new one on and we'll dance to a new tune.

Reply | with quote
bladup
Posted by bladup
25th January 2013ce
17:38

Messages in this topic: