The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
Re: Soooooooo.
761 messages
Select a forum:
harestonesdown wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
Who's volunteering to test the water ?

You have to ask yourself what realistic chance you would have of succeeding after what VBB said about Mike's attempt with the money and all that which seemed to be going for him. What is there to be learnt from Mike's experience other than how tough the job would be. You'd have to know the exact reason for the proposal being rejected so that you could be in a better position to challenge it then Mike was. That is one of the only things you have going for you when trying again because at least you know what you have to do above what was presented the first time around.
The powers that be in any situation have a way of digging their heels in and holding their ground once they have had a success.

I think there's very little chance of success, but i'd back anyone trying.

I feel the same, I think it might happen sooner than we think, sometimes things are just meant to be, our kids might wonder why we left them in the ground, as it's like letting the people who buried them win.

Reply | with quote
bladup
Posted by bladup
22nd January 2013ce
22:34

In reply to:

Re: Soooooooo. (harestonesdown)

Messages in this topic: