The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   King Arthur's Hall Forum Start a topic | Search
King Arthur's Hall
Re: King Arthur's Down double stone circle
60 messages
Select a forum:
Sanctuary wrote:
bladup wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
bladup wrote:
Roy, you really need to get the Stripple stones henge very nearby, as i'm sure it will give you a better understanding of King arthur's hall, apart from the shapes they are very similar, and it may have been a case of "they've got a circle, we'll have a rectangle", I imagine the builders of King Arthur's Hall came from France, because in Brittany it wouldn't be out of place at all, the circle henges are all connected and a route may have gone all the way to stonehenge [and way past] with it's own rectangle [The station stones] and it's other Brittany symbolism.

I'm trying very hard to get KAH dated Paul but a lot of people just think it is an animal pound, albeit a 'fanciful one', as it was put to me. If I can make out a good case it may just be done. I'm working on that now. It's position in the landscape is hugely important and could hold the key. A case of wait and see I'm afraid but I'm looking at everything trying to join up all the dots.

Some work for a pound, The Stripple stones [probably the oldest circle around there] will prove it's age [to you anyway], you really need to go, it's not hard at all and the guy at the farm seemed really lovely, you'll see what i mean as soon as you get there, I promise.

Never fear it's on my list and just up the road from me and aside from Leaze the last part of the jigsaw for the time being. I no longer dash from one to the other without getting as much as I can from the previous one!

I know [and understand] that Roy but sometimes you have to go to somewhere different, especially somewhere so close and similar to learn something more about the place your learning about at the time [or are you worried that you're interest will move on to the next place?], and leaze is lovely as well.

Reply | with quote
bladup
Posted by bladup
9th January 2013ce
21:07

Messages in this topic: