The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Eire Forum Start a topic | Search
Eire
Re: New Book -
235 messages
Select a forum:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
bawn79 wrote:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Or[...]?ie=UTF8&qid=1357292619&sr=8-1

Great new book out on the origins of the irish on the 21st Jan 13 - I've it pre-ordered and look forward to it.

It's certainly a minefield [to be sure, to be sure], One day the irish will have it proved to them [genetics] that they're [their ancestors] from the same places that all the first settlers came from [as in the rest of these islands], in the meantime you'll always have people saying they're somehow different to the rest of the people in these islands, I really hope this book goes someway in showing that we ALL share the same mix of ancestors, and that no-one in these islands are that genetically different from anyone else [the only difference is in they're minds], we really need peace [from proof we're all the same] otherwise it looks like all hell is going to break out again.

You won't get too much genetics from Mallory , he "totally distrusts " that approach . Archaeology and linguistics will be basis .

Oh dear, The genetics will have to wait a bit longer then, it worries me when people ignore the genetics because it's often because they don't like what they're been shown, The 3 way combination of Archaeology, linguistics and genetics works pretty well, take one away and it's a different matter don't you think?

Reply | with quote
bladup
Posted by bladup
4th January 2013ce
12:22

In reply to:

Re: New Book - (tiompan)

1 reply:

Re: New Book - (tiompan)

Messages in this topic: