The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Eire Forum Start a topic | Search
Eire
Re: Ireland
235 messages
Select a forum:
rockhopper wrote:
Check the dictionary, mar fir. Putative. Meaning reputed, supposed. Its the second time its been used, and implies I'm either lying, stupid, or both. Its provacative bordering on the abusive, and will always get a response.

I have avoided , unlike you , being abusive or provocative I have stuck to the detail and explained what any archaeoastronmomer will tell you It is a putative archaeaoastronomical aligment using the correct definition . Simply , just because the sun sets or rises over a standing stone at solstice or equinox as seen from a a spot that has no archaeological significance does not make it an alignment ,you might like to think so but you won't convince any archaeo , that might explain why it is unrecognised . Even if the viewing point was a genuine prehistoric monument not everyone would be convinced by that either e.g. see the Burl quote earlier .Most of your argument has been personal ,you suggested that I had motives other than simply explaining why it is not an alignment and I was way out of my depth on this one . Easily said but maybe you can clarify and explain why it is a genuine "alignment " , and convince me that you are not out of your depth on this .

Reply | with quote
tiompan
Posted by tiompan
10th December 2012ce
15:56

In reply to:

Re: Ireland (rockhopper)

1 reply:

Re: Ireland (Evergreen Dazed)

Messages in this topic: