The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Dumfries and Galloway Forum Start a topic | Search
7 messages
Select a forum:
Locked topics might as well not be there....I can understand why people feel the need to do it for example if they feel it has run it's full and natural course becoming the length of a small book and nothing more of use can be added or if they think it has been hijacked and descended into farce or even if it has been used as a way to contact another poster.
Sometimes the Eds lock the topic for it has unsuitable comment...much better IMO to just remove it though.
Once a topic has been locked, I and I daresay others no longer even look at that topic because there is nothing they can contribute whether to agree (or disagree) with the content.
However I've noticed that a good many posts are locked just because someone hasn't agreed fully with the original views...which is a shame because despite the to-ing and fro-ing of heady discourse (polite way of saying "a right rammy")....I quite enjoy them as nuggets of hitherto unknown facts are often revealed.....maybe thats just me though?

Reply | with quote
Posted by Resonox
29th September 2012ce
07:00

1 reply:

Re: Locked Topics (Resonox)

Messages in this topic: