The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re Silbury - an unbelievable truth??
6 messages
Select a forum:
Hello - spurred by an article by Brian Edwards just published in the Heritage Journal I thought people might be interested in reading some extracts from an 'insiders' account which I have recently received which throws some further light on the circumstances surrounding my removal and exclusion from the Silbury Hill Conservation Project in June 2007:

‘Right from the beginning, already the second week [at] Silbury [May 2007] I was very shocked and dismayed about the large amount of bad talk and malicious gossip … spreading around on site … and … dirty tricks ...

Further, I know … rumours [were spread] … elsewhere … [and] on … sites like the Modern Antiquarian … I was very astonished [to learn] that it was known by EH staff that … such behaviour [was taking place].

During the following weeks [after the removal and exclusion of Fachtna McAvoy from Silbury Hill] I always wondered that I was never audited
about this matter … during [the] official investigation [by Brian Kerr, English Heritage] and also later on ….’

As Brian Edwards concludes in his article - did you spot the truths?

I have provided English Heritage with a full copy of the account reproduced in parts above and received the response that 'I regard the issue as closed, and I will not enter into any further discussion of it with you.'

Sorry to everyone for bringing this all up again but I hope people may understand that for me this is an essential part of moving on and obtaining 'closure' with this particularly unhappy and unpleasant episode in my life.

all the best

fachtna

This topic is locked
Posted by fachtna
28th May 2012ce
21:52

Messages in this topic: