The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: The problem with academics...
53 messages
Select a forum:
Perhaps I hav'nt been making myself clear. This is not about people ignoring stuff, its about them suppressing stuff. There is a huge difference. And shrug is not in my dictionary.
Over the past 20 years, Coillte (the Irish forestry board) has churned up hundreds, perhaps thousands of acres of this. And as things stand, no one can stop them from churning up more. (vested interests perhaps?) And although they are losing millions every year, forestry, someone correct me if i'm misinformed, provides huge tax breaks for the extremely well off.
I know the archaeos are under pressure, as are we all, but using that as an excuse is no excuse. Love of the subject should suffice.
I'm having a hell of a job with this nail of a computer, downloading stuff left right and centre only to find it wont run my dvd's. Anyone in the Waterford area able to give me access to a dvd recorder for a couple of days so i can silence the doubters out there? Go raibh math agat, agus slan.

Reply | with quote
rockhopper
Posted by rockhopper
4th February 2012ce
01:51

In reply to:

Re: The problem with academics... (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: