The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: The problem with academics...
53 messages
Select a forum:
drewbhoy wrote:
That is a good post SC and just shows that we/they should look and listen to each other. A little of each point of view might take us one step closer to an answer of sorts which surely would be no bad thing. To completely ignore or hide some points of view is pathetic even if some views are far fetched, you can always educate the person/people who made them. Who knows some of their work might reveal something that everybody else has missed. Back in prehistoric times I'm fairly sure things were probably done as a collective or united effort. Something that a lot of people nowadays have forgotten about.

I daresay a little "academia bashing" is sometimes well deserved but to say the rest of us shouldn't dismiss anything no matter how far-fetched...isn't balanced at all. The converse side of that is..a little of each view point might also take us further from the truth if we just accept it blindly. Can we just cherrypick the views which are closest to our own and call that progress? I've read over rockhopper's report myself(though I'm no academic) but I can't find anything in it which is controversial and worthy of being ignored, however, neither can I see any form of proof of what he is saying, so I am taking it on blind trust that he has did some research in the field..was there something more in the report he submitted....(because he has said that this is an abridged version)..which is genuinely scaring the high heid yins and he isn't quite willing to fully share for fear of further rejection?
As an aside...what form did the extensive hourage spent over 11 years take...was it all observation, was there any excavation, was there various mathematical calculations done(or is that reliance on science?) was there geo-phys done...was there dowsing...etc , etc? There is a lack of data in his report, a well written report otherwise...and is this why it was dismissed(wrongly IMO) out of hand....and I'm sure there must be someone higher in authority to report the "academic" who advised to bury it, because if it was my findings being dismissed without proper reason...I'd be pure fizzing!

Reply | with quote
Posted by Resonox
2nd February 2012ce
08:05

In reply to:

Re: The problem with academics... (drewbhoy)

Messages in this topic: