The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: The problem with academics...
53 messages
Select a forum:
In 2003, I took two geologists out to take a look at some of this. I subsequently received a letter from one of them, one of the most reputable geologists in this country, and a senior lecturer at trinity College Dublin. I will quote the first part of that letter.

Dear Mark, I have been talking with Robbie over the past week and we both agreed you are really on to something. We found that arrangement of stones in several places that you took us to be quite unnatural and thus indicate the action of man. I'm still not sure how these can be accurately dated but there are one or two recently developed techniques that I will investigate. In the meantime i would strongly encourage you to pursue your investigations and to enlist the help of professional archaeologists if at all possible-I feel they will be very pleasantly surprised.

I sent over twenty copies of this letter to the most senior archaeologists in this country. I received no replies. I will leave you to draw your own conclusions.

Reply | with quote
rockhopper
Posted by rockhopper
31st January 2012ce
20:38

Messages in this topic: