The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Castercliff Camp Forum Start a topic | Search
Castercliff Camp
hill fort or not?
2 messages
Select a forum:
the jury is still out on this one i live local to this site and for a long long time since 1515 it has been call castercliff and since the 1950 diggs hillfort has been added. But i just cant help the feeling that this site hold alot more. It is placed at the junction of three diffrent roads spnning the spine of out country from east to west. it is the other items on the serrounding hill that say that the title "hillfort" could be missleading. The likes of Waltom Spire and the anvil stone to the SW, Burwains camp and ringstones hill, the fact that not two miles away are the cup and ring marks on Bouldsworth Hill. just to prove what i mean i will try and post the two photos taken on Chistmass Morning and look forward to any comments you would love to leave.

Reply | with quote
Posted by nakers
19th September 2011ce
20:52

1 reply:

Re: hill fort or not? (treehugger-uk)

Messages in this topic:

hill fort or not? (nakers, Sep 19, 2011, 20:52)