The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury & the Marlborough Downs Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury & the Marlborough Downs
Re: Avebury footpath partly destroyed
85 messages
Select a forum:
Littlestone wrote:
I beg to differ Mr S :-) This thread ‘was’ about the possible destruction of an Avebury footpath, there was absolutely no need for tjj to divert it by mentioning the 49 bus route. If that issue was/is important to her it should have been raised on an earlier thread (or a new thread started).

All too often serious threads here are diverted/subverted by people with their own agendas and, although I agree with you that this “...list is doing fine at the moment with folk pulling together...” a little less of ‘what I’ve done’, ‘what clubs I belong to’ etc and a bit more attention to the issue(s) in question would not go amiss.

I won't comment on this post as it speaks for itself and I see it has already been more than ably answered by Sanctuary. A point of correction however - the Ramblers Association is not a 'club' but a campaigning organisation that works hard to protect public Rights of Way and footpaths; work done almost exclusively by volunteers. I do believe you posted a Ramblers link in the recent article for Heritage Action so someone in your own 'club' must have thought it worthwhile.

This topic is locked
tjj
Posted by tjj
1st September 2011ce
19:24

In reply to:

Re: Avebury footpath partly destroyed (Littlestone)

Messages in this topic: