The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury & the Marlborough Downs Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury & the Marlborough Downs
Re: Avebury footpath partly destroyed
85 messages
Select a forum:
Littlestone wrote:
I beg to differ Mr S :-) This thread ‘was’ about the possible destruction of an Avebury footpath, there was absolutely no need for tjj to divert it by mentioning the 49 bus route. If that issue was/is important to her it should have been raised on an earlier thread (or a new thread started).

All too often serious threads here are diverted/subverted by people with their own agendas and, although I agree with you that this “...list is doing fine at the moment with folk pulling together...” a little less of ‘what I’ve done’, ‘what clubs I belong to’ etc and a bit more attention to the issue(s) in question would not go amiss.

I don't think the thread was diverted at all LS.

head-first wrote:
Thanks so much for taking the trouble to visit the site and take photos. It's a credit to the forum that someone can raise these issues and have them taken so seriously. Cheers.

I've emailed Wiltshire CC, so fingers crossed! The farmer must have known what he was doing, as the path was clearly demarcated and fenced off, prior to being ploughed.

To which June replied:

Head-first, I recall that you were the person who gave me the email address to protest about the mooted cuts to 49 (Devizes-Swindon) Sunday bus service. It didn't happen in the end and I'm sure the emails of protest helped to keep this service safe. Mutual co-operation works wonders.

I don't see how than can be interperted as 'diverting a thread' in the slightest, just acknowledging another persons earlier cooperation.

It was after that the sideswipe appeared so be fair. There was no need for it and it was uncalled for IMO.
Getting a message across isn't always easy via email and it may well be that Goff was just playing silly buggers and having a friendy dig, but once a 'problem' has arisen in the past maybe one should be a little more sensitive with comments in the future. We're all in this together so let's move on.

This topic is locked
Posted by Sanctuary
1st September 2011ce
11:17

In reply to:

Re: Avebury footpath partly destroyed (Littlestone)

Messages in this topic: