The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury & the Marlborough Downs Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury & the Marlborough Downs
Re: Avebury footpath partly destroyed
85 messages
Select a forum:
scubi63 wrote:
Hi H-F,

I went over there very early this morning and can confirm the bridleway has been ploughed over for the length of the field.

I took some pictures and will forward these to a couple of interested organisations already mentioned. I won't put them on here as I am sure the Ed's don't want non-prehistoric material on here (although I don't know how old the bridleway is).

But thanks for highlighting it and I am sure somebody will be able find out whats going on here.

:o)

Good work Scubi! I've looked on the OS map and as Head First said it is clearly shown as a bridleway; also spoke to the Footpaths Officer of the local Ramblers who is going to forward my email on to the person who oversees all of Wiltshire RoWs requesting he follows it up with Wiltshire CC - apparently they need quite a bit of prodding.

I was out walking yesterday and another edge-of-field footpath had disappeared by virtue of the farmer ploughing too close to the hedge, sadly it happens all the time.

This topic is locked
tjj
Posted by tjj
29th August 2011ce
17:46

Messages in this topic: