The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Cornwall Forum Start a topic | Search
Cornwall
Re: Cornish Holiday Advice Please!!
62 messages
Select a forum:
Hi there,

If you visit Men-an-Tol, the Nine Maidens, or the Lanyon quoit I can thoroughly recommend the 'Lanyon Tea Room' on Morvah Road. They don't offer accommodation, but it's a fine place to have a cream tea and a bun. They also sell books about the local area. Look for a grey stone farmhouse on a hill.

There's also a nice cafe in the old school house in Morvah, which sells great homemade cakes and local crafts. Both of these are in areas full of monuments, so they're good rest points as you tramp along.

I usually stay in St. Ives to be close to bus links, but yes, it'll be packed in August and parking is a nightmare. There's an open-top bus which makes a circle around the Penwith coast, and it's a fun way to see the peninsula. It costs about £7 for a day ticket, and you can hop on and off.

Finally, look out for choughs and basking sharks near Cape Cornwall! I'll be there in August too, and can't wait.

Enjoy!

Reply | with quote
Posted by head-first
16th July 2011ce
12:20

Messages in this topic: