The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: Silbury Upwards Sun Roll.
30 messages
Select a forum:
tiompan wrote:
Resonox wrote:
If there isn't a definitive (original)marker...does that indicate that upward or downward rolls can be watched by being in a right place at the right time (ie the viewer moving around the mound on any day to ensure the sunrise/set is in appropriate position)...anytime of the year, a movable feast if you will and unlike other constructs which only offer this event at solstice etc.....or does it only occur here at certain times of the year too?

There is one unmarked optimal area to see the event without having to move . It occurs twice a year around 25 July is the other date .
Which other constructs that offer this at Solstice were you thinking about ?

I've searched for my reference and can't find it, sorry....however I do recall there was something on here(TMA) a while back about a(possibly long dismantled) site where it was a triple sunset that could be viewed...and guess what...I'll be jiggered if I can trace that either....HELP!!!

Reply | with quote
Posted by Resonox
8th May 2011ce
13:36

In reply to:

Re: Silbury Upwards Sun Roll. (tiompan)

Messages in this topic: