The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Carn Liath Forum Start a topic | Search
Carn Liath
Re: Grave Goods
29 messages
Select a forum:
Strathspey,
I come across many sites on the hills of Cumbria where someone has scattered ashes, and some have adorned the site with flowers, some natural, some plastic, and some without. Some of the ashes are scattered at ancient sites, including remote stone circles, and some are scattered at ancient cairns. Some people scatter loved ones ashes at summit cairns, but some are scattered in obscure locations, which most people wouldn't see, as they are way off track.
Usually people have their ashes scattered, on request, at their favourite place, and if that favourite place was where you describe, then there's your answer.......perhaps.
I understand your inqusitivity, as I always ask myself the same question when I see stuff like that - why here? Still, not knowing is part of the interest.
I already know where my ashes will rest, deep in the heart of the mountains I love.
Regards,
TE.

Reply | with quote
The Eternal
Posted by The Eternal
6th November 2010ce
00:34

In reply to:

Grave Goods (strathspey)

Messages in this topic: