The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Cumbria Forum Start a topic | Search
Cumbria
Re: Is it possible to contract a geophysics survey?
50 messages
Select a forum:
The summer Wrights' bus ended on Sunday. I'd watched it through the summer and it had only had one or two passengers, at the most. So it's unlikely it'll be there next year. It looks as though I need a titanium ankle - I don't know how long that'll take. It was landing badly from a style, carrying a portable cup marked stone that caused the damage, and then walking on it for the next three months. Nice stone ! My friend that used to take me out in his car died a couple of years ago - of exhaust fumes. I did take some pictures of Whitehouse, with him, years ago, but that camera's exposure was stuck on 1\60th, and I didn't know then, and it was early on a winter's morning, but there may be some information on the negatives, if I could find them. I have two pictures taken from the bus; one's blurred and the other is distant. There's a long barrow in the Thornhope valley that isn't recorded, as I don't know which photograph (of two) it is nor its exact location. I've not put the Coanwood long barrow on the SMR yet - there's a couple of stones (3) that need including with it, and there are no photographs of them. All my complaints about the shooting roads, in the SSSI, are electronic and suitable for someone to peruse and write an article for Private Eye, or similar. Essay writing competition? But with the White Sultan (q.v.) in the story anyone getting an article published would become washed up and - whatever ...

Reply | with quote
StoneGloves
Posted by StoneGloves
30th September 2010ce
17:03

Messages in this topic: