The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Essex Forum Start a topic | Search
Essex
Re: The Essex mini Megameet
70 messages
Select a forum:
ocifant wrote:
**Bump**

I have to say that as circumstances are currently plotting against me, I may not make the Avebury Megameet this year.

There's a better chance that I'll make this one though...

Ach, that's a pity you won't be able to make it to Avebury oci, but good that we might see you at the Viper : -) I called them yesterday actually - their Beer Festival is definitely on for the three days (28, 29 and 30) over the August Bank Holiday. The landlord says there'll be about 60 different real ales, lagers and ciders available over the period!

If anyone's coming via Ingatestone (one stone on the south side of the church, a mass of pudding stone in the wall of the north side, and two other stones at the entrance of Fryerning Lane) take Fryerning Lane from the High Street and then take a right at the T-junction into Mill Green Road. From there it's about a 10-15 minute drive. There are a few parking spots in front of the Viper, at the side and across the road under the trees. Moss and I will be there from about noon onwards on Sunday, 29th so hope to see you and whoever else can make it (as well as meeting up with other folks in Avebury for the Big Megameet there on the 21 August :-)

Reply | with quote
Littlestone
Posted by Littlestone
6th August 2010ce
08:44

In reply to:

Re: The Essex mini Megameet (ocifant)

Messages in this topic: