The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Essex Forum Start a topic | Search
Essex
Re: The Essex mini Megameet
70 messages
Select a forum:
megadread wrote:

The police judged the speed of the driver who killed my 14 yr old nephew at 117mph so i see it as a sensible comment, well as sensible as the electronic road side signs that state "think, don't drink and drive".
Now i'd personally never drink and drive but i still read the signs.
Maybe i should ask for them to be switched off everytime i'm passing them as i don't need their warning. : )

As for car sharing, well that's always sensible if possible, isn't it. ?

You are preaching to the converted...but drinking and driving and driving at excessive speeds don't go hand in hand...they are two seperate issues(not exclusively I admit).
I consider myself a responsible adult...and as such I don't need telling how to run my life by anyone especially when I stick strictly within all legal parameters. For the record I don't drink and drive..I wouldn't even take a half a shandy when driving...I avoid driving at excessive speeds too....but someone who by their own admission does not drive(in fact since I've been on these boards ...I can count 10 seperate times when they have proudly boasted of the fact that they don't have a car)starts putting partronising twaddle on a thread...knowing fine well it has nothing to do with the topic..it smacks of trying to disrupt said thread(actually the fact I am replying shows it has worked so sit back and feel proud of yourself)...something the moderators have warned against time and time again...so I hope they have taken note about who kicked this off!!!!
I am unsure what motives are behind this thread disruption...apart from soliciting responses like this and misquoting them to play at some kind of martyr.

As for car-sharing...yes it's a great idea...again why do we need telling about it...it's not exactly a brand new revolutionary idea..and something most of us who do have cars participate in anyway!

Reply | with quote
Posted by Resonox
13th July 2010ce
17:26

In reply to:

Re: The Essex mini Megameet (megadread)

1 reply:

Re: The Essex mini Megameet (The Eternal)

Messages in this topic: