The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Old Harestanes Forum Start a topic | Search
Old Harestanes
Re: Missing the point...
21 messages
Select a forum:
Ah Branwen, this has made me a bit sad, I love reading your posts which are always well researched and well written. I sometimes get a rough ride on this forum myself and often feel like just going offline but I guess I have a stubborn streak and having reached something of an age, where at last have discovered a sense of trusting myself even if others don't, I keep on keeping on.

I have found Rhiannon to be one of the fair and moderate people on this forum, with a straightforward manner, I have never found her using innuendo or any intention to offend.

Both of you are what makes me come back here - even when common sense tells me it may not always be good for my health. Please don't leave for too long, your presence has only been beneficial.

I have copied an extract from your post which is representative of how very much you add to this forum.

ETYMOLOGY: The origin and historical development of a linguistic form as shown by determining its basic elements, earliest known use, and changes in form and meaning, tracing its transmission from one language to another, identifying its cognates in other languages, and reconstructing its ancestral form where possible. The branch of linguistics that deals with etymologies.
FOLKLORE: The traditional beliefs, myths, tales, and practices of a people, transmitted orally. The comparative study of folk knowledge and culture. Liquid and often unreliable or obscure, and subject to evolution.

Please don't go.

June

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
29th June 2010ce
07:33

In reply to:

Missing the point... (Branwen)

1 reply:

Re: Missing the point... (drewbhoy)

Messages in this topic: