The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: From latest online edition of BritArch - Silbury Hill
6 messages
Select a forum:
tjj wrote:
Jim Leary and David Field have written a book called The Story of Silbury Hill which will detail the archaeological investigations undertaken during the conservation work of 2007/08. This was mentioned at the lecture Jim Leary gave back in January of this year.

Although the book has been written (Foreword by David Attenborough) it will not be published until October of this year.
A 'must-buy' for my bookshelf anyway.

PS: David Field has also written a book on Earthen Longbarrows which is worth reading.

It will be interesting to see what Leary and Field have to say about Silbury Hill and how it compares with a book just out called 'Avebury A Lady In Waiting'.

It is quite remarkable and I'm still trying to take it all in but I love his ideas as it gives a real meaning to Avebury and his perception of Silbury Hill and the meaning of its Causeways, which, as a female, I was completely stunned by.

Reply | with quote
Posted by The Jersey Minx
1st April 2010ce
16:53

Messages in this topic: