The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: How he loved the moon
97 messages
Select a forum:
Hi gjrk

I read, and enjoyed your article, but haven't kept up with this thread, so apologies if I've interpreted it differently from the initial meaining...

Not sure my taste in music is everybody's idea of "mood" music, but I like nothing more on a journey to the stones, than popping on a Julian Cope album (I'm not on commission!)

It's his fault I'm here (on the website, not in life generally - he's not me dad! Sadly. ;) ) and I always associate the music with the man, the book, then ultimately the stones...

Something like Fried, or Peggy Suicide would do nicely. A good variety of styles there...

Failing that, something pretty heavy, like Grinderman, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds or Pixies - all of which have some amazingly tender moments among the heat and anger.

Gets me a good head of steam for a proper good romp across some godforsaken landscape or other...

G x

Reply | with quote
goffik
Posted by goffik
12th January 2010ce
14:41

In reply to:

Re: How he loved the moon (tiompan)

Messages in this topic: