The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Music for Megaliths
97 messages
Select a forum:
tjj wrote:
tiompan wrote:
tjj wrote:
tiompan wrote:
gjrk wrote:
"..........."

Thanks George. Still scratching the head on your eclipse possibility...

Is it an urban myth that there were juke boxes with "silent" records ?

Another thing that I should have mentioned is that the eclipse would be on the night of the full moon and eclipse or not it is a red moon so quite striking .

You have to be taking the micky now tiompan in the hope that some naive female will drop by and remind everyone that there was a full moon and a partial eclipse on new year's eve - and it was a 'blue moon'.

As for silent records on juke boxes; you are cryptic indeed ...
John Cage 4'33"

atb
naive female, tj

No seriously June ,thinking about it it would be possible to have a red and blue moon and the moon eclipsing on the same night , honest .

I'm smiling out loud again .. twice in two days.

Did you like the John Cage composition - great for driving to, you can play it over and over.

June

I don't really like John Cage , bit of an old phoney as far as I'm concerned . just find it difficult to listen to music outside even if I had the facility .Pipes from about 40 metres can be brilliant , outside . We have a piping student at them moment who is doing amazing stuff with the pipes ,a really good trad player but he also has managed to bend notes making the pibroch similar to the Uillean pipes or Northumbrian pipes .

Reply | with quote
tiompan
Posted by tiompan
6th January 2010ce
23:10

In reply to:

Re: Music for Megaliths (tjj)

Messages in this topic: