The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Wells O' Wearie Forum Start a topic | Search
Wells O' Wearie
Re: OT: Wells and folklore
46 messages
Select a forum:
It always feels a bit weird when someone resurrects an old thread from eleven years ago - especially given that some of the contributors are sadly no longer around. I haven't re-read most of the posts because from this distance they do make me feel a bit sad.

However, I was recently given The Fish Ladder A Journey Upstream - by Katherine Norbury. In many ways it is her personal memoir combining her journey with nine year old daughter to follow rivers upstream to their source. Philip Pullman describes it as " ... a luminous sort of book, beautifully written, darting here and there like a kingfisher over a stream."
I've just been reading the chapter on 'holy' well Ffynnon Fawr which is found at the western tip of Llyn Peninsula and thought I would mention this lovely book here. As my mother used to say "You never miss the water until the well runs dry". And never more apt.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
23rd July 2020ce
11:19

In reply to:

OT: Wells and folklore (goffik)

Messages in this topic: