The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Wells O' Wearie Forum Start a topic | Search
Wells O' Wearie
Re: OT: Wells and folklore
46 messages
Select a forum:
Branwen wrote:
I actually find the internet limited in my searches, but it's getting better. Perhaps I'm just googling more out of the way stuff though. A good place to start is Colin and Janet Bord's books "Sacred Waters" and "Holy Wells in Britain". It gives quite a comprehensive list of wells in a format much like TMA, with grid references, and a bit of folklore, I seem to remember. I will have a look and see about some links I might have saved too, but I just got out of hospital so dragging out my old computer to find them is a no no until my stitches heal ...

...If it's stuff about the Wells O Wearie, I could post what I have on the site page where I posted the picture, if you like. I'm going to be off for 3 weeks and adding stuff to Wikipedia on the subject of Edinburgh anyways. Something to do while I am inactive.

Wishing you wellness Branwen ... good healing to you.

june

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
25th September 2009ce
22:28

In reply to:

Re: OT: Wells and folklore (Branwen)

Messages in this topic: