The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Hampshire Forum Start a topic | Search
Hampshire
Re: Witch Burial Site Under Threat
29 messages
Select a forum:
Wow that's quite some analysis, very interesting. What are they hoping to build on the triangle? If it's wet enough for sphagnum and rushes it sounds inconveniently wet (the moss bore in me wonders if it's really sphagnum. But I am very fond of moss so just ignore me there). I think it's a terrible shame if they do. And you shouldn't beat yourself up for not making more fuss before, if you've researched the story and thought about it so hard since, then you're doing grand work to highlight why the place is special and should be saved. I don't know how much weight council planning offices give to folklore officially, probably not much unfortunately. But if it's a way of drumming up support from other local people then it might sway things a bit indirectly. Have you gone to the local newspaper, they'd probably love such a story? I reckon you should if you haven't done so, it'd really get your message out there locally.

I really don't know why you got such a rough ride on this thread, was that 'amber lady' your pagan stalker? I don't remember seeing her before or since on the forum. And you have my sympathies about the plagiarism, how utterly galling. It doesn't take a minute to credit someone. Interesting though that the version they're propagating now, you've subsequently found wasn't the "true" version. So out it goes into the world to get repeated.

Reply | with quote
Rhiannon
Posted by Rhiannon
1st August 2012ce
07:29

In reply to:

Re: Witch Burial Site Under Threat (Simon Crook)

1 reply:

Re: Witch Burial Site Under Threat (thesweetcheat)

Messages in this topic: