The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Hampshire Forum Start a topic | Search
Hampshire
Re: Witch Burial Site Under Threat
29 messages
Select a forum:
wychburyman wrote:
megadread wrote:
You should campaign about this in the immediate area and Southampton in general if your going to achieve anything, this is a site dedicated to prehistory so you'll not find many people here willing to jump on your (for want of a better word) band waggon.
Good luck to you anyway, though i can't see this as anything more than a cross post spurned by ill targeted desperation to be honest.
Contact your mp and see if you get any joy, raise a local petition in the city center to see if you have any support if it means that much, no one is gonna do it for you are they no matter how many sites you visit to make a one off post. : )

Hmmm, there's been plenty of "bandwagon's" on this forum in order to protect prehistoric sites, a case of you scratch my back might provide some advantage for both parties. But there again I must assume that you are in privaledged position to know what most posters on this forum think to presume on behalf of others that not many will "jump".

No, i can't speak for the majority here only myself but seeing as the post went unanswered for 3 or 4 days it led me to believe the interest level from members was low, maybe people were just too busy making placards and e-mailing the authorities to answer, i dunno.
You may not agree with my opinion but my reply did bring the topic back to the top of the forum prompting more people to read it and add opinion.
From my experience suggesting she / he tries to canvas opinion is a useful thing and doing that in the local area would be more fruitful than doing so here.
The site has a myth attached to is, it seems thats all, no prehistoric history, hence my comment about this forum.
I'm all for helping anyone i can, in this case i judged i can't directly so i made the most helpful comments that i was able with the knowledge i had, yes it may have come across as harsh but i didn't intend it that way.
Tell you the truth, i have no interest in witches but in a back to front way i was trying to help though it may seem i wasn't, it's no biggy.
Time for more fresh air methinks. : )

Reply | with quote
megadread
Posted by megadread
28th July 2009ce
12:30

In reply to:

Re: Witch Burial Site Under Threat (wychburyman)

Messages in this topic: