The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: A decade of The Modern Antiquarian
51 messages
Select a forum:
Hey Ahab! There's a name from the past!
I remember you leaping out of the darkness on solstice night 2003 and hugging me before we sat down for good old natter.
http://www.peteglastonbury.plus.com/Ahab.jpg

Back in those days the forum had interesting nice local people on board.
ScouceMaiden and Toxic Delerium were running the Red Lion and Jez, JP, RogerB, Jenny, Lizzy, GreaseMonkey and Notd & co were coming flying with me on regular meet ups at Avebury.
Notd flew over Avebury with a camera grasped in both hands and didn't take a single photo!
She was so gobsmacked she could hardly speak for 30mins after landing...
Lizzy and I watched a blood red sunset over Silbury that was so stunning we didn't want to take photos as they would never have been as good as the memory of it.
RiotGibbon was walking the ridgeway with his lovely daughter and stopping by and 3rd Degree was visiting as often as possible (then he became a Policeman.)
Where'd they all go eh?

Oh yeah the Drude of Wessex bought a copy of his new book around to my house just after it was published but I wouldn't let him sign it (I wanted a rare one ;)

Reply | with quote
Pete G
Posted by Pete G
11th July 2009ce
01:42

1 reply:

Re: A decade of The Modern Antiquarian (neighbourofthedrude)

Messages in this topic: