The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Queen Stone Forum Start a topic | Search
The Queen Stone
lovely stone
6 messages
Select a forum:
Thanks postman for posting those photos of the queen stone. I didn't even know such a remarkable looking thing existed in that area, it must be worth a visit. Curiously it's not marked on the magic map but I looked it up on the herefordshire smr and found the curious information that Alfred Watkins of ley line fame dug down around it, and seemingly found there's as much below ground as there is above. Apparently the lovely grooves finish at ground level (which I suppose they would really).

He also mentions there are two stones to the east, a 'square boundary stone' and an 'unworked pillar stone' which are both about 50 yards away and on the church land boundary.. but then 'stone circle' is mentioned and I start to fear this was all Watkins getting over excited. Still you never know.

Reply | with quote
Rhiannon
Posted by Rhiannon
6th March 2009ce
09:20

2 replies:

Very lovely stone (Stoneshifter)
Re: lovely stone (postman)

Messages in this topic: