The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Barbury Castle Forum Start a topic | Search
Barbury Castle
Re: Barbury Castle, Iron Age Round House
20 messages
Select a forum:
tjj wrote:
How do you know it was someone from Swindon who did it, and even if it turned out to be the case why tar everyone with the same brush. I live in Swindon and like the place, in spite of the fact that everyone who doesn't live there seems to enjoy knocking it.

I was also shocked and sickened when I read what happened to the Round House and I am sure the majority of the town's people were too. It was Swindon Advertiser, the local daily paper, who first reported this story as it has many other stories concerning Wiltshire's ancient monuments.

i am sorry tjj i too come from swindon, i just felt very pessemistic yesterday after reading this, i have been known to knock the town i am not talking of absolutely everyone in swindon, just select few who have no respect for their surroundings. i have been very lucky to grow up here with all of its ancient monuments and beautiful countryside surrounding the town...i can remove the comment i made if it really offends you that much! at least i think i can remove it, but i do tend to ask myself why so much pride in a town,a city or a village we are a world and this sort of vandalism and disrespect happens all over the place.

Reply | with quote
williamelmore
Posted by williamelmore
3rd November 2008ce
21:02

Messages in this topic: