The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Temple Beeld Forum Start a topic | Search
Temple Beeld
Re: Temple Beeld
9 messages
Select a forum:
tiompan wrote:
fitzcoraldo wrote:
Hi G
I don't have google earth out here but it shows up quite well on flash earth. The nearby Easington Moor pit alignments also show rather spledidly
I seem to remember the 'cup marks' were more like erosion features but you've re-kindled my interest so I'll get myself up there in a couple of weeks time and let you know what I find.

cheers
fitz

Thanks Fitz , it gets even more intriguing when you can't find them . Could you send the co-ordinates when you get a chance ? , in the area I spotted a few stones centred on 54.484042 -0.838160 but not part of an enclosure ,there is also a sheepfold marked on the map but that looks too far north and would probably be called Hardale Slack . I never did discover what you thought of the local RA book which considered ritual etc . Send comments via e-mail if libellous

Reply | with quote
tiompan
Posted by tiompan
10th October 2008ce
14:59

In reply to:

Re: Temple Beeld (tiompan)

1 reply:

Re: Temple Beeld (fitzcoraldo)

Messages in this topic: